Contributing to a sustainable future
Sustainability can't be pursued by optimizing just one company procedure or by setting a single goal for the future. That's why LMC-Couplings has set some goals. Many smaller goals contribute to a sustainable future.
This future however can’t be achieved unless both LMC-employees and partners are on the same page. LMC-Couplings counts on customers and suppliers to join forces in pursuing the predefined goals.
1. Strengthen society:
- Reduce lost time incidents by 50%;
- Engage 40% of employees in an annual calendar of campaigns topromote health and wellbeing;
- Implement regional community volunteering programs that engage 40% of employees;
- 5% of workforce employed on formal development contracts.
2. Influence change:
- Develop Supplier Sustainability Code and audit 20% of suppliers’ base;
- Collaborate with suppliers to reduce shipping mileage of LMC orders by 20%;
- Collaborate with customers and suppliers to reduce waste.
3. Drive efficiency:
- Generate or purchase 50% of electricity from renewable sources;
- Reduce energy consumption by 20%;
- Reduce water withdrawal from utility sources by 10%;
- 80% of non-hazardous waste diverted from landfill;
- Reduce number of liters for transport by turnover by 10%;
- Obtain ISO 14001 certification.